Apr 6, 2011

Still can't vote, again.

I observed with interest the online proceedings building up to this year's Singapore General Election, and upon doing some research found out that for the first time in my adult life, my constituency did not have an automatic walkover and I was eligible to vote!

So imagine my excitement at finally being able to exercise my constitutional right as a Singapore citizen and vote for the better party/candidate, the power to leave my stamp to decide our nation's future, for better or for worse, to...

That is, until I discovered one can't vote from Taiwan.

Sigh.

1 comment:

Edhan said...

i share the exact sentiments. im going for holiday in taipei with my entire family of 7 adults and it clashed with the polling day. its pathetic to know that i cant vote cuz of this. cant i just cast my secure vote earlier due to this circumstance.